Ah, Mellow Moss – there’s a color I’m going to miss. It’s soft, it’s versatile, and it plays so well with other colors. But change is good and I am embracing this Color Renovation for all the wonderful new colors and color combinations it promises.
- All Holidays Stamp Set
- Mellow Moss, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum and Naturals White card stock
- Perfect Plum Classic ink pad
- Big Shot, Little Leaves and Birds and Blooms Sizzlets, and Beautiful Wings Embosslit
- Perfect Polka Dots impressions folder and Stampin’ Up! Backgrounds 1 Texturz plates
- Mellow Moss taffeta ribbon, piercing tool and mat and a silver brad
The Birds and Blooms Sizzlets have 3 graduated flowers that are perfect for this layered technique. I like to scrunch them a little so they have some dimension. My scrunching technique isn’t very sophisticated – it amounts to twisting and bending the paper until it’s soft enough to work with. Once I’m satisfied with the flowers, I stack them up on the piercing mat and push the piercing tool through them. I pick up my brad and then lift the flower stack off the tool and right onto the brad before they can even think about getting disorganized.
This card would be easy to mass produce – the Sizzlets can all go through the Big Shot at one time and you could use at least 3 of the 5 butterflies produced by the Embosslit. You wouldn’t have to use Mellow Moss. And after June 30, if you don’t have a stash set aside, you won’t be able to.
Farewell, Mellow Moss.