Renovation Update

It’s too dark to take photos, but Builder Dan has been packed up for a week and things are slowly but surely returning to normal.  There are no longer extraneous pieces of furniture in my living room, the Room Formerly Known as Carol’s Room now contains a bed complete with bedding, and my gorgeous stamping space is orderly enough that I can once again create without saying bad words.

A few things are MIA, most importantly my “handmade by Anne Matasci” stamp.  I’m sure it will turn up eventually, but tonight I ordered a new one as I’m not willing to waste any more time searching for the old one.  Of course, since I’ve placed the order, the old one will miraculously appear in front of my face.  Never fails.

My son thinks my stamping room and its beautiful, broad work space are a perfect place for doing homework.  The first night he worked up there he asked if it would be okay, but since then he just disappears and pretends he doesn’t hear me when I come into the room.  He has a desk, mind you, it’s just piled with so much, um, STUFF that he can’t sit there.  So be it.  I can share for now.

I do have a project to share:

Easter Petal Cone with leaves

  • Texture Jumbo Stampin’ Around Wheel
  • Peach Parfait, Old Olive, and Pumpkin Pie card stock
  • Peach Parfait Classic ink pad
  • Big Shot and Petal Cone Bigz die
  • 2 Step XL Bird punch; Boho Blossoms punch
  • Pearl Jewels; Crop-a-dile; Tombo the Wonder Adhesive
  • Old Olive 1/4 inch grosgrain and Linen thread

I made a series of Petal Cones that were supposed to be “carrot-like” but in my opinion they failed to look like any vegetable whatsoever.  I still like the way they turned out, I just don’t think they have any resemblance to carrots!  This one is pretty simple – I rolled the card stock with the wheel, assembled the cone, and attached miles and miles of little green stems and a whole bunch of Pumpkin Pie Blossoms using Tombo (whatever did we do before Tombo??).   The “carrot top” is 8 pieces of grosgrain folded over, with one piece measured double the length and folded twice to make a loop.  I wrapped the whole thing with one more piece of grosgrain and tied a tight knot, then used Linen Thread to attach it to the top of the Petal Cone die.   Somehow it works as most of the grosgrain stands upright, but the pieces closest to the outside of the bunch flop over.  Not a very sophisticated description, is it?

One last thought…because this renovation involved so many rooms in our house, I had to empty closets that hadn’t seen the light of day in a while.  Who knew that I had collected so much memorabilia?  I’ve had the best intentions to scrapbook so many things…trips, milestones, family photos…you know what I’m talking about.  All of those boxes are carefully stacked in the guest room, and beginning next week I will sort through SOMETHING every day.  My goal is to sift through and keep the meaningful mementos, then give myself the freedom to discard the junk.  I’ll keep you posted.



One thought on “Renovation Update

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.