My cousin’s daughter – our Goddaughter – had a baby boy earlier this year. I sent a selection of some of my all-time favorite children’s books, including of course Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. The big monster from Yummy in My Tummy was the logical choice to welcome Nolan to the family:
- Stamps: Yummy in My Tummy, Any Occasion (SAB 2017)
- Color Palette: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black
- Accessories: Big Shot, Lucky Stars TIEF, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Retired Washi tape
I had to fussy cut him. HAD TO. I don’t mind when it’s for a single card.
He looks just like Max in his wolf suit.
Today’s your last chance for Sale-abration 2017! Orders close at 11:50pm mountain time.
It’s your last chance for Delicate Details, Avant Garden, and a host of other great products!
If you’re placing an order today, stock up on the Retiring 2015-2017 In Colors! As soon as the list is announced, there’s always a huge rush to buy paper, ink, ribbon and ink refills. Don’t miss out on Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, Delightful Dijon, Cucumber Crush or TIP TOP TAUPE (say it 5 times as quickly as you can!!!)
A friend is recovering from one of those “health episodes” that make us all stop and think. I take care of so many people in my life – do I need to do more for me? What would happen if…? We’re all so glad she is home and recovering, and of course I hoped I could send a little encouragement her way.
- Stamps: Watercolor Wings, You’ve Got This
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo
- Accessories: Big Shot, Bold Butterfly Framelits, Butterflies Thinlits, Wink of Stella Clear, Vellum card stock, Silver thread, Metallics Sequins Assortment, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Glue Dots
I’m officially obsessed with cutting out the detailed butterfly wings in vellum. (News Flash: I am obsessed with Way.Too.Many.Things) The Fine Tip Glue pen works quite well to adhere just the body to the base, leaving the wings to move.
I twisted a piece of Silver thread to make it stay in a V shape and put it between the vellum and the base with an extra dab of the Fine Tip Glue pen. It’s a little touch, but then again, it’s all about the little touches, now, isn’t it?
Take good care of yourselves, my friends. You are important. You are loved.
If you liked the card from the last RemARKable Blog tour, I think you’ll enjoy what I did with some of the leftover die cuts. This is a CASE from Krista Driessen – with variations!
This is quite similar to her card. Using watercolor paper for this technique really helps! I used the Gold Wink of Stella pen to splatter the main panel for this card, and my watercolor wash wasn’t completely dry. As a result, the wash has taken on a gold tone, and some of the splatters ran a bit. I considered it a lovely serendipity.
I just kept playing with the watercolor wash, as well as the colors and placement of the succulents. I wasn’t happy with the way the sentiment embossed with my Very Vanilla embossing powder – I think it’s too old – so I tried another option.
This one got out of control! Not my favorite, but it’s a much bolder look. I decided to skip the wash altogether:
I’m not sure if I prefer this one, or the first one. The supplies are the same:
- Stamps: Oh So Succulent
- Color Palette: Ecru (watercolor paper), Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Basic Black, Pear Pizazz, Always Artichoke, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi
- Accessories: Big Shot, Succulent Framelits, Aquapainter, Wink of Stella Gold, Diamond Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue dots, White Perfect Elements, Aquapainter
Have some fun! Mix and match elements of a card design – start with your own design, or CASE another paper artist. You never know what you’ll discover.
Sometimes I’m astonished by the difference a color palette can make. Sure, I’ve rearranged the images a bit, but this card is quite similar to the two previous versions found HERE and HERE.
This is a brighter, warmer color scheme, and as much as I love my Pool Party combos, this card in Calypso Coral and Blushing Bride really makes me happy. The circular design of the flowers around the Stitched Shape sentiment circle was really simple to do. Blushing Bride is such a soft tone that I didn’t even mask the flowers: I just stamped away!
- Stamps: Avant Garden (Sale-a-bration 2017), retired demonstrator exclusive stamp set (sentiment)
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Watermelon Wonder
- Accessories: Metallic Ribbon (Sale-a-bration 2017), Sequins from the 2016 Holiday catalog, Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue dots
There are just a couple more weeks left to earn free Sale-a-bration products. When it’s over, it’s really over – these stamp sets and exclusive accessories DO NOT go on the Clearance Rack! Shop now.
Last month, a few of the Maui Stampers got together to make cards. It’s fun to gather as demonstrators: we talk shop, catch up on each other’s lives, and make a LOT of cards. The Shoebox Swap format makes it go quickly, and even allows long-distance members to participate (we missed you, Peggy!)
We made gorgeous cards:
Peggy designed a fabulous valentine using the Sealed with Love bundle and punched ALL THE PIECES for us, since she sent hers in from Washing State.
Desiree created a beautiful card with the Special Reason bundle, showcasing the versatility of using both positive and negative die cuts:
Linda’s iridescent dragonfly using the Dragonfly Dreams bundle was stunning in Glimmer Paper:
And Heather created a card we all loved using Beautiful You:
There’s another image inside, and one of these days I’ll share this card again with that image. I made an error on mine and need to borrow the stamps from Heather to fix it!
There were other cards, but those crafters have their own blogs, and I’ll let them share.
Want to be part of the Maui Stamper team? It’s easy to do, and during Sale-a-bration you’ll choose an additional 2 free stamp sets for your starter kit. It’s a fantastic bonus to an already fantastic deal. Check out the details HERE.
Once I decided I liked the Avant Garden stamps, I couldn’t stop playing with color combinations:
It’s a funny coincidence that I wasn’t all that crazy about the 2016-2018 In Color Sweet Sugarplum. Maybe it’s the name. Maybe it’s something else. But as much as I know a lot of people who loved this color at first sight, I did not.
I guess it just had to grow on me.
- Stamps: Avant Garden (Sale-a-bration 2017), sentiment from a retired demonstrator-only set
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Sweet Sugarplum, Crushed Curry
- Accessories: Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon, Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Thinlits, Pearl Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals
The color gradations come from stamping off (inking your stamp, stamping lightly onto scratch paper, and then stamping your project with the ink that remains on the stamp.) One of the things that I liked about the way that process worked on this card was that by stamping off lightly, there were gradations remaining on the flower image.
There’s one more version to come – stay tuned!