I knew I had CASED this card but didn’t realize how closely my card resembled the original. I want to give credit to Charlett Mallett for the design and color scheme for this card!
A belated Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers, moms, grandmas, nanas, aunties, and any woman who has nurtured a child (teachers, this means all of you!). Loving and guiding a child through life’s ups and downs is one of the most challenging and fulfilling experiences of my life.
I’m very proud of my three children, as well as the many young people I’ve loved through family, school, scouting, church, neighborhoods and even Facebook. I absolutely believe the adage that it takes a village to raise a child, and in today’s world of increased mobility, the village has become global in nature as well. I turned to circular images for this card to reflect the continuous nature of mothering.
- Stamps: Oh So Succulent
- Color Palette: Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron, Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green
- Accessories: Big Shot, Falling Petals TIEF, Succulent Framelit Dies, Swirly Scribbles Thinlit dies, Lace Doilies (sold out), Blushing Bride Sequin Trim, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch, Rhinestone Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals
There’s a 1 1/4″ Very Vanilla circle punch behind the Swirly Scribble die cut, as the center of the doily is very lacy and I found it distracting.
Many of these products are retiring, and stamps are guaranteed availability only through May 22. After that date, they’ll be sold on a while supplies last basis. Don’t miss your favorites! Shop HERE.
I love tropical flowers – a lot! – but in the spring, I miss the spring flowers I grew up with. You know the ones: daffodils, tulips, iris, paper whites…you might be able to grow them in some parts of the island where it gets cold at night, but the heat of the day forces them open way too fast. The markets often have bouquets in the spring, but I suspect they’re flown in, and by the time I get them home they’re already looking like they need a couple of hours in the fridge.
Fortunately, I can enjoy paper flowers all year round without having to pick up the wilted petals:
- Stamps: Basket Bunch, Gorgeous Grunge
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Basic Grey, Mint Macaron, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry
- Accessories: Big Shot, Festive TIEF, Wink of Stella Clear, Stampin’ Write markers, retired ribbon, and that Mint Macaron DSP – I think it’s from the Presents and Pinecones DSP from the Holiday catalog, and I’m pretty sure it’s in the Clearance Rack!
The flowers were fun to color – I used Stampin’ Write markers this time – and I was quite pleased to actually capture some of the Wink in this photo!
Basket Bunch, Gorgeous Grunge and the Festive TIEF are all retiring – shop HERE to get yours before they’re gone!
I remember the catalog when Gorgeous Grunge was released. I was at the Stampin’ Up! convention in Salt Lake City and if I’m not mistaken, the talented Pam Morgan introduced this stamp set and told us how much we were going to use it. At first glance, I wasn’t sure, but by the end of her presentation I was convinced.
- Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Number of Years
- Color Palette: Wild Wasabi, Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White, Crushed Curry
- Accessories: Stampin’ Write Markers, Thick White Bakers Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Brights DSP pack (sold out)
I can’t begin to list the cards I’ve made using one of the images from Gorgeous Grunge. It adds a little bit of texture, fills a gap in a design, or creates a background as I’ve done here.
This particular stamp is very forgiving with regard to placement – really, they all are – and that makes it easy to create texture or a design element without beating your head against the desk. (Not that I do that often, but it’s possible.)
Gorgeous Grunge is available until May 31, 2017, or while supplies last. It’s going to stay in my stamp collection for sure. Get yours HERE.
It’s been a busy time for the Maui Stampers team, and I put another welcome card in the mail:
- Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Mint Macaron, So Saffron, Bermuda Bay
- Accessories: Big Shot, Detailed Dragonfly thinlits, Layering Circles framelits, Inside the Lines DSP (Sale-a-bration 2017), Vellum, Wink of Stella clear, Aquapainter
I LOVE VELLUM WINGS!! And I almost always give them a Wink of Stella. It’s irresistable.
(BTW, that DSP circle behind the band? It’s retired paper. I think it’s from Holiday 2016.)
There’s a peak of washi inside, too!
Grab the bundle and save 10% – shop HERE.
Every year when the retiring products list is published, I hold my breath and scan it for favorites. This year, there was a BIG sigh when I saw Botanical Blooms right there in black and white. It’s a go-to floral set for me, and has an unmistakeable tropical vibe. This is one retiring set that will go into my personal archive.
I created this extended card when I learned that a dear friend was going to be a mom for the first time. When I created the card, the baby’s gender hadn’t been revealed, so I mixed up the colors to be gender neutral.
This image makes the card look waaaaay longer than it is – it will fit in a standard medium envelope. Note that all the stamping is on the inside white panel – the actual embellishments are simply die cut, not stamped.
I’ve created a lot of cards using this basic technique. I cut a large stack of assorted shapes and start layering and placing them on my card. There’s a lot of texture with the shapes and layers, but the card itself is still flat enough to mail.
- Stamps: Botanical Blooms
- Color Palette: Crumb Cake, Shimmer White, So Saffron, Blushing Bride, Marina Mist
- Accessories: Big Shot, Botanical Builder Framelits, Falling in Love DSP (retired and sold out), Pearl jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue dots
There’s still time to add either the stamps, the framelits, or both to your craft room! Shop HERE.
My cousin’s daughter – our Goddaughter – had a baby boy earlier this year. I sent a selection of some of my all-time favorite children’s books, including of course Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. The big monster from Yummy in My Tummy was the logical choice to welcome Nolan to the family:
- Stamps: Yummy in My Tummy, Any Occasion (SAB 2017)
- Color Palette: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black
- Accessories: Big Shot, Lucky Stars TIEF, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Retired Washi tape
I had to fussy cut him. HAD TO. I don’t mind when it’s for a single card.
He looks just like Max in his wolf suit.
Today’s your last chance for Sale-abration 2017! Orders close at 11:50pm mountain time.
It’s your last chance for Delicate Details, Avant Garden, and a host of other great products!
If you’re placing an order today, stock up on the Retiring 2015-2017 In Colors! As soon as the list is announced, there’s always a huge rush to buy paper, ink, ribbon and ink refills. Don’t miss out on Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, Delightful Dijon, Cucumber Crush or TIP TOP TAUPE (say it 5 times as quickly as you can!!!)