The Simply Amazing Recruiting Promotion that Stampin’ Up! offered for 2 weeks in November yielded a number of new Maui Stampers, and we got together over the weekend to go over a few demonstrator “nuts and bolts”. I couldn’t let them leave without a little something, now, could I?
Jolly Holiday Junior Legal Notepads
These are very simple to create, and you’ll make a bunch of these in a flash when you visit Melissa, the Stamp Doc and watch her tutorial. I made a slight modification – I cut my paper to 8 1/2″ instead of 8″ to give me a smidgen more room.
Here’s just one to give you a better idea of how it looks:
- Tags for Christmas, Jolly Old St Nick and Play on Words stamp sets
- Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler cardstock
- Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper
- Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Classic ink pads
- Old Olive 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon; Linen Thread
- Sticky Strip
- Large Decorator Buttons in Deck the Halls
- Ornament Punch (currently backordered due to manufacturing problems)
- Scallop Trim Border punch
I stock up on the Pentel RSVP pens during back-to-school sales. Maui isn’t very big, and things tend to sell out kind of quickly, so I’ve raised a few eyebrows when I hit the checkstand. The DSP isn’t as sturdy as cardstock, but since this is a Christmas Season pattern it doesn’t have to hold up for more than a month or so. The Sticky Strip is used to hold the pleats of the grosgrain down – once you’ve done it once or twice you can do it in your sleep. Trust me on that; I’m a late night crafter and sometimes when I’m finishing up I really am working in my sleep.
Time to get going. I need a few more of these – good thing they go together so quickly.