I wanted some paper with Almost Amethyst and Summer Sun accents for a birthday card for my Mom. I had some old Amethyst Designer Series Pattern paper, but it was much too understated for the look I wanted. I wanted stripes. I could visualize the stripes! I pulled out my Aquapainter and some Whisper White cardstock and some Ink Refills, and I started to play.
- Wonderful Watercolors and Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set
- Almost Amethyst, Summer Sun, Lovely Lilac and Whisper White cardstock
- Lovely Lilac Classic stamp pad; Almost Amethyst and Summer Sun ink refills
- Almost Amethyst, Summer Sun and Lovely Lilac Stampin’ Write markers
- Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint,Scallop Circle punch, hand held rectangle punch (retired)
- Uniball Signo Gel Pen, Piercing tool and mat, Stamp-a-ma-jig and White Taffeta ribbon
Don’t you like my stripes? The Summer Sun should have been a little more intense, but I like the haphazard, random look of the pattern. I’m playing with some other stripe combinations. I’ll share them if I like them. If I don’t…well, it’s just paper.
There’s a little Shimmer Paint mixed into the Summer Sun ink refill for the centers of the flowers. Honestly, if that stuff doesn’t make it into the next Idea Book and Catalog I’ll be so disappointed. Are you listening, Stampin’ Up!?