The February Stampin’ Success magazine had an article about combining purple and yellow. It’s a bold combination that I’ve always loved, though I tend to mute one hue or the other. I also tend towards monochromatic color schemes, so it was easy to start with Lovely Lilac and Almost Amethyst.
- Charming, Bella Toile and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets
- Very Vanilla, Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac card stock
- Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst and So Saffron Classic Ink pads
- Styled Vanilla Hodge Podge Hardware, Piercing tool and template, small oval punch
- Paper snips, So Saffron 5/8″ Grosgrain (last year’s SAB) and Stampin’ Dimensionals
I started defining the Lovely Lilac panel with scoring, but it was just too subtle. If you know me at all, you know I’m not subtle. Nope. I wanted to line up my piercing template with the scored lines, and by using my Grid Paper, I was able to do a pretty successful job of it. And yes, I did go a little over-the-top on the trimming of the floral spray. It was just one of those things that had to be done. Good thing I had a nice sharp pair of snips!