OK, well maybe only kinda fond. Lavender Lace is one of those colors that I bought as a new demonstrator because I “needed” to have all the colors. It’s never been a color that cried out “Me! Me!” in the stamp room. More often than not, I would use it because I felt guilty that I had neglected it.
As of June 30, I will be 100% Lavender Lace Guilt Free.
That said, I like the way it looks in this card:
- Thoughts and Prayers and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets
- Lavender Lace, Apricot Appeal and Glossy White card stock
- Elegant Eggplant Classic ink pad
- Lavender Lace, Apricot Appeal, and Pixie Pink Classic ink refills
- Styled Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware; Big Shot and Perfect Polka Dots Impressions folder
- Double Rectangle punch and 5/8 inch Vanilla Satin ribbon
The background behind the fabulous tree from Thoughts and Prayers is the oh-so-easy Striped Wipe technique. I am such a fan of that tree. It’s graceful and has just enough asymmetry to give you room to embellish away without disturbing the balance of the card.
Lavender Lace looks great with Pixie Pink, which ought to give you a clue to my feelings about Pixie Pink! I’ll miss Apricot Appeal though – my upline uses it a lot and I’ve learned to love it.
Speaking of Crystal, I saw her twice last week and got to feed baby Isaac. He’s a man-child, always hungry. What is it about baby boys? It’s hard to get their little tanks all filled up.
Off to fill up my Stampin’ Tank.