It’s Day Three of the RemARKable Holiday Madness blog tour and I think it’s about time I started moving through the holidays, don’t you? I’m still living large with my Attitude of Gratitude, so it makes sense for me to share a couple of thankful-type cards with you.
This card makes me feel really, really happy. I’m happy with the colors, I’m happy with the fuzzy ends of the hemp twine, I’m happy with that gorgeous brad, and I’m just flat out happy with the way it looks:
- Paisley Prints and So Many Thanks stamp sets
- Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Peach Parfait and So Saffron card stock
- Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Peach Parfait and So Saffron Classic ink pads
- Cajun Craze and Peach Parfait Stampin’ Write markers
- Big Shot and Lattice Impressions Folder
- Hemp Twine and Antique brad
I love all these textures! Of all the different elements in a card I think it’s texture that gives the most interest. There are so many ways to add dimension and I think I’ve hit a mother lode of them here: the twine, the multiple colors, the Big Shot texture, the torn edges, and the brad.
Oh, that brad!! I put a hole in the Very Vanilla panel and tied the twine through the hole and around the card. Then I had the brilliant idea (if I do say so myself) of putting that brad through the hole, but the ends of the twine looked funny…kind of stiff…and, well, moustachey. I started to fiddle with them and they began to unravel, and the rest, as they say, is history.