I like to have a healthy stash of gift tags long before I start my Christmas shopping. You could consider it a security blanket; if I have the tags, the packages will follow. I mail a lot of gifts (thank you USPS for Flat Rate Boxes!!) and they need to be purchased, wrapped and tagged before they’re mailed.
I had a few extra tags from the Two Tags die sitting on my DISASTROUSLY messy desk and started to play with the Tags Til Christmas stamp set:
- Northern Hearts, Jolly Old Saint Nick and Tags Til Christmas stamp sets
- Riding Hood Red and Naturals Ivory card stock
- Vellum and Deck the Halls Designer Series paper
- Riding Hood Red and Early Espresso Classic ink pads
- Always Artichoke Stampin’ Write marker and Frost White Shimmer paint
- Ornament and XL Decorative Label punches; Blender pen
- Hemp twine and Linen thread
I inked “Merry Christmas” on the sentiment from Saint Nick and stamped it on the vellum, then set it aside to dry for a while. For some reason I find the red inks take longer to dry – must be something to do with the pigment – and the vellum makes them slower still. I trimmed it to a long strip and then set it in place over the Designer Series paper before I punched the ornament shape. A couple of drops of Tombo the Wonder Adhesive hold it in place.
On the inside…OH! Here:
As I was saying…on the inside I just stamped a few more of those cheery little snowflakes from Northern Hearts and added that snazzy XL Decorative Label. I inked the stamp in Espresso and Blender penned (yes, it’s a word, I just made it up) the ink off the branches so I could marker it back in Artichoke. I painted the tops of the pine cones with lots of Frost White to look like piled up snow. We do have some pine trees (and cones) growing on Maui, but snow – well, not so much. You have to imagine that part.