I know I must be preaching to the choir, but who doesn’t love blog-surfing? There are some amazingly talented people who really inspire me on a regular basis. Over the past 6 months I’ve really had to pare my blog feeds down, because as I’m sure many of you know, scooting around from page to page can make a morning or afternoon disappear.
One of my favorites is Lisa Young, a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in Western Massachusetts. I love her style, I love her writing, and some day I am going grow up and be a colorist just like her! It’s my goal to stamp with her some day, but in the meantime, I faithfully read her posts. You can imagine how delighted I was to receive a “Stylish Blog” award from Lisa a week ago!
Here’s the tricky part: I have to tell you about Lisa (well, not tricky at all); I have to tell you 8 things about myself you may not know (OK, maybe medium tricky); and I have to forward the lovin’ on to 8 other bloggers (this would be the really tricky part). There are way more than 8 Stylish Bloggers out there, and because a couple of Lisa’s favorites are my favorites too, I’ve had to think long and hard about my 8.
Here are 8 bloggers whose work I love to see and read:
- Becky Roberts of Inking Idaho – she ALWAYS has cute gift ideas
- Renee Van Stralen of Stamping for Sanity – and can this woman color!
- Arielle Gordon at the ColourQ – great challenges and great design team
- Rochelle Gould at I Stamp, I Create, I Have Fun – very cute ideas and clean design
- Jill Hilliard at Jill’s Card Creations – I love her clean style
- Ilina Crouse at My Creations – beautiful projects AND photos – I should take notes!
- Jackie Topa at Addicted to Stamping – the Punch Art Queen
- Lisa Young at Add Ink and Stamp – I really do love her, and she has to be on this list!!
OK, I admit that adding Lisa is a bit of a cheat since she is the one who passed this award on to me, but any list of my favorite bloggers would have her name on it. This is my blog and I get to make the rules!!
When it comes to 8 things you don’t know about me, I’m sure there are loads of things I could tell you, but most of them would more than likely fall into the “Who Cares?” category. It would be easier to answer a list of questions like one of those goofy Facebook quizzes, but then again, I probably wouldn’t bother to do that. Here are 8 bits of Maui Stamper nonsense and trivia:
- I make my own granola. I eat it every morning with non-fat yogurt and fresh fruit and it is the Best Breakfast Ever, if I do say so myself.
- My kids asked my husband to rate my “wild factor” on a scale of 1 to 10 when I was in college and he gave me an 8.
- I’m a Weight Watchers leader, because the leader ALWAYS attends the meeting.
- My shirts are organized by color in my closet (weird, huh?)
- My favorite footwear is a pair of Birkenstocks – actually, quite a few pairs.
- I have a relatively short attention span and am generally trying to do 3 things at once
- Reading is one of the few things to which I can give my full attention – I love a good book
- Despite the occasional split infinitive, I am particular about grammar
I know. Who cares? Hope this gives you a good laugh if nothing else. Happy Tuesday!