Time for a new tissue box cover! Santa doesn’t quite fit the decor any more. The tree is down, the decorations are put away, and it’s time to think Valentine’s Day:
- Punch Potpourri Level I Hostess Set
- Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizazz card stock
- Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink Classic ink pads; Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write marker
- Big Shot, Clearlits Scallop Rectangle and Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions folder
- Bitty Pack, XL Two Step Bird, Blossoms Petal, and XL Full Heart punches
- Stampin’ Sponges, Sponge Daubers, and Pearl Jewels
I’m not so sure about all the sponging on this project – I think it worked better with the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing folders where the images were more uniform. I’m happy with the little bird and all the flower images though. I should have added the Boho Blossoms punch to the supply list, except I DON’T HAVE IT. How can this be? What was I thinking? I had to cut those flowers out by hand. Humph. Next order.
Here’s a better look at the top:
I was very clever (pardon me while I reach around and pat myself on the back) when I centered the Scallop Square in the top layers. There are two panels, one on top of the other, so I had to be very, very clever:
I carefully measured and marked the center of my Clearlit with a dot of Sharpie ink, then marked the center of each of the top panels with a pencil. With a little attention to detail as I ran the panels through the Big Shot, I positioned the rectangles just where I wanted them. And yes, I am very pleased with myself.
If you’d like to make one of these, there is a great tutorial at Splitcoast stampers and I have no intention of recreating the wheel.
This does not mean I intend to get a cold, or that anyone in my household is permitted to catch a cold. This is Home Decor, not an invitation to any germs that may be lurking out there. Germs can scram!!