What’s it gonna be today?
- Word Play, Creative Elements and Simply Soft stamp sets
- River Rock, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White card stock
- Paisley Petals Designer Series paper
- River Rock, Cherry Cobbler and Marina Mist Classic ink pads
- Cherry Cobbler Quilted Satin ribbon
- Big Shot, Scallop Circles 2 and 3 inch Circle Bigz dies
- Scallop Border punch
- Stampin’ Sponge
I love this specialty cut, but I have a confession to make. Every time I run this through the Big Shot, I make a mistake (or two) and ruin two or three pieces of paper. The placement of the cutting pads on the Big Shot is a little tricky and I always goof it up. I got that Sheryl Crow song stuck in my head – you know – “The first cut is the deepest, Baby I know!”
THIS video tutorial does a great job of demonstrating how to make this cut, and I’ve bookmarked it so I can review it every time! I used a card with the fold on the narrow side instead of the wide side, but it’s the same principle.
Those little smudgy bits around the edge of the circle are one of the two-step “filler” stamps from the Simply Soft stamp set. Just the right amount of texture! You could do a lot of different things with those smudgy bits.