I love using the image of the tree from Thoughts and Prayers for a sympathy card. It’s a full, graceful tree that hints of a life well-lived, of abundance and generosity and beauty.
It also seems like a little piece of heaven. Haven’t been there myself, but it seems to me that heaven must have a feeling like being in the woods…and like walking on a white sandy beach…and like climbing tall, majestic mountains…all of those beautiful, powerful places that bring the presence of God alive in a very tangible way. I hope this card conveys that feeling of God’s presence to my friend.
- Thoughts and Prayers and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets
- Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade and River Rock card stock
- Lucky Limeade Prints Pack Designer Series Paper
- Lucky Limeade and Soft Suede Stampin’ Write markers
- Lucky Limeade Classic ink pad
- Piercing tool and Mat
- 1/8 inch Lucky Limeade Organdy Ribbon (SAB)
I made holes on either side of the tree trunk with the piercing tool and used a big upholstery needle to thread the Organdy Ribbon through. It’s soft and easy to work with, and I much prefer tying my ribbons onto cards instead of attaching them with Glue Dots. Don’t get me wrong – I love those Glue Dots – but I don’t want to take the chance that the ribbon will fall off. I’m picky that way.