This set has so much potential, as does the fabulous Comfort Cafe Designer Series paper:
- Make a Cake and Itty Bitty Banners stamp sets
- Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse card stock
- Comfort Cafe Designer Series paper
- Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ripple and Midnight Muse FFIP (Firm Foam Ink Pads)
- Summer Starfruit, Raspberry Ripple and Midnight Muse Stampin’ Write markers
- Raspberry Ripple 3/8 inch Stitched Satin Ribbon
- Big Shot and Bitty Banners Framelits
- Jewels Rhinestones
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
The first card I made with this set felt too busy – a victim of the philosophy “More is More” but not in a good way. I wanted to keep a similar feeling but streamline it a bit.
The first step was to choose the Designer Series paper, and I like the balanced feeling this paper gives. Once I had it in place the rest of the card came together pretty easily. My Stamp-a-ma-jig came in handy; despite the clear stamps, the lines on these stamps really need to be in the EXACT right spot for the best look, and the SAMJ was just the thing. It’s an indispensable tool for me.
Those Bitty Banners Framelits are fast becoming indispensable as well – perfect flags and banners every time! Not that everything always has to be perfect, but when it turns out that way it’s pretty sweet. Speaking of sweet, it’s mango season right now and we have an abundance of sweet, juicy, fragrant mangoes in our house. There’s nothing in the world like fresh fruit, ripened to perfection on the tree. I have orange hands and fingernails from peeling and slicing, but I don’t mind when the reward is fresh mango.