It all began – at least from a paper point of view – with the invitation:
I made about 8 different samples and sent them off to Australia for Carol and Clarence to see. Thank goodness for Skype, Viber and email!! We compared and adjusted and tweaked until we were all happy, and then I set to work creating the invitation.
It doesn’t look like much here, but it was beautiful to hold and very elegant. I scored an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock as a tri-fold, then created a panel to complete the front. That Elegant Lines embossed panel was spritzed with Champagne Mist shimmer paint, and I made a few extras that came in very handy later on. There’s a little Very Vanilla Seam Binding across the bottom, with that Decorative Label embellishment popped up on Stampin’ Dimensionals.
And no, there isn’t a larger Decorative label punch – that’s two Garden Green labels cut in half and attached to the back to create a mat – you can see it clearly in the first photo. We were careful to keep the front smooth since we didn’t want to pay for any additional postage due to extra thickness – these invitations travelled far and wide and the necessary postage was already enough!
The interior was simple – just their invitation to the guests and a few stamped images. The extra layers of paper gave it substantial weight that felt good to hold. We used Blushing Bride ink with Garden Green and Brushed Gold cardstock – I didn’t have enough Pear Pizazz cardstock when I made the invitations.
I sent out the U.S. invitations and shipped the rest to Carol and Clarence to mail in Australia and Mauritius. I confess I was relieved when Carol texted me a photo of the box of invitations safe and sound at her desk in Perth!