It’s a little late for figs, although I have to admit that I made a lovely dish with them this summer. If I’d had the 2017-2018 In Colors when I made this calendar page, I absolutely would have made it in Fresh Fig. But there you go. We are operating in an alternate universe with these calendars.
- Stamps: Fabulous Flora, Gorgeous Grunge (sorry, both retired from the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog)
- Colors: Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede
- Accessories: Aqua Painter
An Aqua Painter is an indispensable tool on my craft desk. I have multiples just because I use them so often. They need to be everywhere.
Take a moment to be inspired by the creations that Crystal and Cheryl have created for November. You’ll be glad you did.
Want to create your own DIY Easel Calendar? I have just a few left – check THIS POST for details.
There’s a group of stamp sets that get sold short in the Annual Catalog, at least in my opinion. The Host Rewards sets don’t seem to get the same attention that the rest of the catalog enjoys. Fabulous Flora is a host set, and I think it deserves a better look:
- Stamps: Fabulous Flora (Host), Thoughtful Banners, Best Birds, TImeless Texture
- Color Palette: Crumb Cake, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Pear Pizazz, Soft Suede, White (I used watercolor paper, not Whisper White), Basic Black, Smoky Slate
- Accessories: Watercolor paper, Wink of Stella Gold, Aqua Painter, Linen Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I’m not as big a fan of Wink of Stella Gold – I prefer the Clear version. However, I’ve found a use for it that I really love – the flick. You know. You get the brush end loaded up with the color and then flick it against your finger over the paper to get some spatter.
It’s easy to do as long as you remember to load up the brush end. If it’s dry, you can do a whole lot of flicking without seeing much in the way of results.
I played a bit with the Aqua Painter here too, layering the color and adding a light Smoky Slate wash around the images to set them off. Since this card has very limited layers, I wanted to create more texture with the watercoloring.
In order to own a Host Rewards stamp set, you need to be the host of an event/party/order/group order that reaches $150. Let me know if you’d like help in figuring out how to make that happen! I think Fabulous Flora is worth the effort.