When you find something that makes you happy, I recommend you do it again!
- Stamps: Tranquil Tulips, Sunshine Sayings
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Old Olive, Blushing Bride, Powder Pink, Crumb Cake
- Accessories: Big Shot, Bunch of Banners Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Pinewood Planks TIEF, Linen Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Sponges
The Stampin’ Sponges are crucial to the look of this card. They add color and dimension to the impression left by the TIEF, but the color can be kept soft or intensified depending on individual preference.
A sticky note about 1 1/2″ from the bottom of the card creates a clean break and a place to sign the card on the inside.
This is almost the same as the card posted HERE. I changed the primary colors and not much else. I’m pretty pleased with this layout – ideally, the banner on the front would be left blank so that the card could be customized to any occasion.
Paper Pumpkin is a great way to add fabulous stamps to your collection and enjoy a quick creative break each month. Save 50% on your first kit – subscribe HERE and use code HALFOFF0917!
Stampin’ Up! Host stamp sets are exclusive to hosts who have earned rewards, and they’re one of the best values in the catalog. Tranquil Tulips caught my eye on my first look through the Annual Catalog, and this is one of my favorite creations so far:
- Stamps: Tranquil Tulips (Host), Sunshine Sayings
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi
- Accessories: Big Shot, Bunch of Banners Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Pinewood Planks TIEF, Stampin’ Sponges, Stampin’ DImensionals, Linen Thread, Sticky notes
The first step in creating this simple card is to cut a circle in the front of the card base. Once you’ve completed that step, run the front of the card through the Big Shot with the Pinewood Planks TIEF and use a Stampin’ Sponge to add color with Crumb Cake ink. The tulip on the front of the card is fussy cut since there aren’t framelits for this set.
I cut a second circle in a piece of scrap paper and aligned it with the opening in the front of the card. Next, I used washi tape to hold it in place on the inside of the card so that I could see where the “window” would be. I put a sticky note at the bottom of the card and stamped the images inside the circle. Pull off the washi, pull off the sticky note, and BOOM!
The Bunch of Banners framelit is perfectly sized for the message from Sunshine Sayings, but many other sentiments will fit as well. Hope you’ll have some fun with it!