I felt so much better today…lots of texts from my college student made it seem like she wasn’t really 5,000 miles away. I started playing with the layout from the Stampin’ Addicts Thursday Sketch Challenge and after a couple of false starts, came up with a card that made me happy.
- Sweet Stems and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets
- Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, and Regal Rose cardstock
- Certainly Celery Designer Series Paper (this pattern is retired, but new patterns are available)
- 1 1/4″ and 1″ Circle punches, Scallop Edge punch
- Bermuda Bay, Certainly Celery, and Regal Rose ink
- Regal Rose Ribbon
I usually start by choosing a stamp set, then a principal color. Sometimes I stick with those choices, sometimes I don’t. This time, I reached first for the Bermuda Bay, then Certainly Celery, and finally (hey, these are flowers, you can’t have just blue and green) added the Regal Rose. This isn’t a sketch I would have designed on my own, but it’s fun to stretch yourself with the challenges. The end result is whimsical and fairly simple.
Sweet Stems (113726, $16.95) is currently on the Dormant List from Stampin’ Up! That means it’s not in the catalog, but it’s still available for purchase. You can order it directly through me or through my Stampin’ Up! website.
I’ve spent too much time this morning reading WordPress tutorials, playing with watermarks, and studying other people’s blogs! Time to quit laboring and get outside on this Labor Day holiday.