This was one of those projects that sits around for a while and gathers dust while I decide what to do with it. The final touch was the tree and since my favorite Branch Out stamp set is RETIRED, of all things, I had to wait for Crystal to come by with Season of Friendship so I could use that tree:
- Aviary, Season of Friendship, Wonderfully Worn and Paisley Prints stamp sets
- Paisley Party Stampin’ Around Wheel
- Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Whisper White and Shimmer White card stock
- Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, River Rock and Early Espresso classic ink pads
- Cajun Craze and Old Olive Stampin’ Write marker
- Linen Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Sponges and 1 1/4 inch circle punch
The moon is Shimmer paper sponged with Old Olive…or it might have been River Rock, I can’t exactly remember. I added the tree after the card was all finished, and I was terrified to stamp directly on the card even WITH a Stamp-a-ma-jig. I ended up stamping the image on a piece of scrap copy paper (it needs to be thin paper) and cutting the image out carefully. That left me with a negative image of the tree that I temporarily put in place over the card with Dotto repositionable adhesive. I very carefully sponged through the copy paper template to put the tree exactly where I wanted it. Pretty sneaky, huh?
I have to try a couple more like this. I really like the effeect of that sponged tree. In all honesty, there’s no way I would have been able to do this with those gorgeous spidery branches on my Branch Out tree. Season of Friendship finally wins.