When I first opened the 2011 Sale-a-bration catalog, I wasn’t quite sure how I might use the Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper. I like bright colors, but I don’t generally put a whole bunch of them together – I use them as accents with more neutral colors. Here’s my compromise:
- So Happy for You (SAB) stamp set
- Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo Classic ink pads
- Natural Ivory, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight card stock
- Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper and Ribbon and Button pack (SAB)
- Scallop Trim Border, Blossom Petals, 1 inch circle and Boho Blossoms punches
- Linen Thread, Bone Folder and Tombo the Wonder Adhesive
The 1 inch circle is underneath all of those Daffodil Delight petals creating a platform so that theoretically I could avoid having my fingers covered with Tombo the Wonder Adhesive. A great theory but in practice, it needs work. Maybe if I paid more attention to what I was doing I wouldn’t make such a mess, but like Popeye , I Yam What I Yam.
The petals are given a little bend with a bone folder to round them so they stand up a little. You don’t have to bend each one perfectly, because once you break down the fibers in the paper you can re-shape the petals when the flower is assembled. And yes, I do sew the button through all the layers because I hate buttons that fall off, but if you prefer Glue Dots then suit yourself! And you know who I’m talking to here…
Enjoy your weekend! Saturday means Builder Dan gets a weekend too, so things will be quiet today. One of the guys told me there was a rumor that Monday would be move-in day for the Family Room – which they have renamed the Media and Entertainment room. I’m crossing my fingers.