When I think of masculine cards, I think simple. I’m not saying men are simple; rather, they appreciate simplicity. Perhaps there would be an exception for home theater systems, but when it comes to cards I think we’re safe with a pared down style:
- Punch Bunch (Sale-a-bration) and Woodgrain stamp sets
- Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso card stock
- A scrap of Early Espresso Designer Series Paper
- Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler Classic ink pads
- Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding
- Scallop Square punch and Stampin’ Dimensionals
If you look closely, you can see I used the ink pad directly on the Espresso card stock to create a little visual texture. An embossing folder and the Big Shot would create a stronger contrast, but I was striving for super-simple on this card and I think I found it. It took longer to cut the paper than it did to put the card together!
Builder Dan pulled up this afternoon and I just about fainted. I have been putting things back where they belong and cleaning up like a mad woman for the past few days and I told him he couldn’t run his big saw-dusty-saw in my driveway ANY MORE. He just laughed. He was stopping by to see how things were looking and to drop off some paperwork. Truth be told, I missed those three guys yesterday morning – you could set your watch by them. It’s ok, though – I’ll cope.