This tree is my favorite. I still love the retired set Branch Out and I don’t know if I’ll ever get rid of mine, but the tree from Thoughts and Prayers is really majestic. I confess to being something of a tree hugger, and though I love all types of trees I am especially fond of trees with a big, umbrella shaped canopy – just like this one:
- Thoughts and Prayers and Thank You Kindly stamp sets
- Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy and River Rock card stock
- Always Artichoke and Not Quite Navy Classic ink pads
- River Rock Stampin’ Write marker and a Blender Pen
- Big Shot and Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing folder
- Jumbo brads in Pewter and Vanilla 3/8 inch taffeta ribbon
This card also uses my VERY favorite color combination – blue and green. We re-painted a number of rooms in our home as part of The Renovation, and almost every can of paint was blue or green. As a matter of fact, our bedroom is now River Rock with an accent wall in Not Quite Navy. Seriously.
This was another card in the Manly Card series, and though I did sneak in a little smidgen of ribbon you’ll notice there’s no sissy bow. It’s a manly Tie Your Tie sort of knot. The tree is easy to stamp in two colors if you use an ink pad to color the leaves and then remove excess ink from the branches with a Blender pen and color the trunk and branches with a marker.
I am still putting things away in my fabulous new crafting space, and am discovering that I have kept a lot of STUFF. Getting rid of things you don’t need any more is a wonderful feeling. Crafting in this room is a total joy, and sometimes I stop mid-project just to look around me. It’s pretty sweet.