My Frou-Frou-Ribbon card got me started playing with collage, and when I edited out the ribbon and switched up the colors a bit I thought it was a worthy Man-Card:
- Sense of Time and Charming stamp sets
- Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Pacific Point and Garden Green card stock
- Garden Green Patterns Designer Series Paper
- Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Pacific Point and Garden Green Classic ink pads
- Square Punch (just about any one will do, I used 1 1/4 inch)
- Mini Library Clips
I’m not quite certain that a stamp set named “Charming” belongs on a Manly card, but I guess we’ll just have to imagine that the name refers to the Prince. The images from the Bliss set didn’t have the right look.
Let me tell you a secret about cutting out that clock face. I didn’t want to struggle with lining up a die cut, or even with the Circle Scissors Plus, so I just cut it out free hand. I did a decent but not fabulous job, because I had a plan: I was going to distress the edges. It’s a sneaky little trick, but it hides every imperfection and adds texture to boot.
The pennant edge is really simple – just cut your cardstock to the width you want, stamp your sentiment, and use a corner of the square punch to create a perfect little pair of points.
So…masculine colors, no ribbon, rough edges and a pair of easy techniques…surely it’s a Man Card.