Today is Carol’s birthday, except of course it’s tomorrow when I’m writing this, but it’s yesterday in Australia. Thank goodness for Google or I would be entirely lost – I rely on my time widgets to keep me organized. I’m going to break one of my rules and show you her card. I don’t think she’s gotten it yet, because I sent it a little late and the Australian Postal Gorillas will likely decide to throw it on the ground and STOMP on it for a few extra days, and oh yeah because I forgot to calculate an extra day because it’s tomorrow there…ok, I’ll stop.
Now, I need to warn you that this card is made with a lot of retired Stampin’ Up! product. If it drives you crazy to see retired things that you can’t get, then go look at another post:
- So Happy for You (SAB) and the wheel that coordinated with Carte Postal
- Pink Pirouette, Old Olive and Whisper White card stock – Current!
- Pink Pirouette and Rose Red Classic ink pads – Current!
- Eyelet border punch – Current!
- Rose Red seam binding – Current!
- Pearl jewels – Current!
- Those cute little felt flowers, who knows what they were called, but I bought this batch on the Clearance Rack
The ruffled ribbon is made by laying down a length of Sticky Strip and folding the ribbon into little pleats and sticking it down as you fold.
As difficult as it is to be so far from my daughter, I know she is exactly where she belongs, and she is very happy. I talk with her face to face as often as we can manage thanks to Skype. What more could a mother ask? Happy birthday, sweetie.