I’ve been on a basket theme lately. There was the basket class, and the basket club, and a few other baskets that I did just for fun. Here’s one from the class:
- Teeny Tiny Wishes, Woodgrain and Forest Friends stamp sets
- Pumpkin Pie, Peach Parfait, Early Espresso and Whisper White card stock
- Play Date and Ice Cream Parlor (SAB) Designer Series Papers
- Pumpkin Pie and Early Espresso Classic ink pads; Versamark ink pad
- 1 1/4, 1 3/8, 1 3/4 inch circle punches; 2 1/2 inch scallop circle punch
- Crop-a-dile and Pear Pizazz Seam Binding
- Embossing powder and heat tool; Pearl Jewels; Stampin’ Sponge
- Big Shot and Petal Cone Bigz die
I’m still on my “carrot” kick, and I’ll confess I had a lot of fun with this project. I thought the Woodgrain background stamp was perfect for carrot texture.
Looks like I need to find some tangerine Jelly Bellies to put in a cello bag and tuck into the cone. Actually, I need to bring Jelly Bellies into my house about as much as I need the proverbial hole in my head. I’m a nibbler, and little candies like Jelly Bellies or Dove Chocolate eggs (Dark Chocolate, please) or little snack size ANYTHINGS are my downfall. I’ve actually purchased some Easter candy, but it’s well hidden. I purchased it because when you live on a small island if you see something you want you’d better buy it Now. Heaven forbid we arrive at Easter and the only things left on Mr. Safeway’s shelves are the yucky kind of jelly beans and Peeps.
Speaking of Peeps…I don’t eat them, my kids don’t eat them, but I generally buy a package for each kid and put them in their baskets just to be silly. About 5 years ago, I took a group of high-school aged Girl Scouts to camp and at the last minute threw in a couple of boxes of Peeps with the marshmellows for our campfire. Honestly, you have never seen anything so strange as a roasted Peep – except perhaps for the look on Cheryl’s face when she decided to eat one. (I have no idea what posessed her to attempt such a thing.) According to Cheryl, not only are roasted Peeps vile, but they do this kind of foaming thing. I wouldn’t know.
Honestly…I’d better quit now. Such a ridiculous story, and I haven’t even gotten to the part about the Roasted-Peep contest at my son’s birthday party.