I’m heading back home from Convention today, and it’s time I shared my swaps. I made two different cards for a WOW swap and this is the first of the two:
- Pennant Parade and Snow Swirled stamp set
- Whisper White, Pear Pizazz and Cherry Cobbler card stock
- Pear Pizazz, Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler Classic ink pads
- Petite Pennants Builder punch; Medium Jewelry tag punch
- Early Espresso Baker’s twine; Cherry Cobbler seam binding
- Big Shot and Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions folder
- Rhinestone jewels
I was initially afraid this card didn’t qualify as a WOW swap, but two things changed my mind. The first was the reaction I got from a group of demos (OK, they’re my friends and of course they’re biased) and the second was how many steps it took to make 65 of these! I love detail, and I’m not willing to compromise once I’ve found a design I love, so I stamped and punched, and assembled and tied little knots, and ran cardstock through the Big Shot, and layered and embellished until I was cross-eyed. I confess that I don’t enjoy production in quantity, but once a year for convention I make an exception because of the wonderful swaps I bring home in exchange.
My card as I swapped it used the Sassy Sparkles wheel. I know it seems a little early to think of Christmas (and it gives me a little feeling of panic to realize we’re halfway through JULY) but crafters think ahead. With the amount of work this card took, I have a funny feeling it won’t make it into the final voting round for my family card this year! Back to the drawing board…and the year is still young.