For our second Wow card, I cased one of my own recent favorite projects:
- Best Friends and Perfectly Penned stamp sets
- Naturals White, Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush and Pear Pizazz card stock
- Wisteria Wonder and Concord Crush Classic ink pads
- Vanilla Smooch Spritz
- Big Shot and Fun Flowers Bigz L die
- XL Two Step Bird, Boho and Flower Builder punches
- Neutrals buttons and White Bakers Twine
I loved that big distressed flower and brought it back in a new color scheme. To get that look, you REALLY have to smush the individual die cuts a lot, then stack them and secure them with a button or brad, and then mist them. The misting process softens the paper even more, and so when you do your final crush and fluff your petals crumple naturally. The paper also holds its shape best if it has been misted and allowed to dry in place.
We had a pretty good time smushing those flowers. It’s an excellent way to take out a little aggression, because the paper really benefits from some serious twisting and crumpling. Once you’ve really worked it over and you start to assemble the flower, all of that crankiness seems to melt away as your blossom takes shape. Who could be angry with a flower?
I think I’ll cut some Fun Flower shapes to have on hand for emergencies.