The new Stampin’ Up! Color Coach is a great way to jump start a project when you’re stuck for something new. I’ve used this combination before, and liked it so well I tried it again:
- Flight of the Butterfly, 5th Avenue Floral, and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets
- Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Cherry Cobbler and Wisteria Wonder card stock
- Pink Pirouette, Cherry Cobbler and Wisteria Wonder Classic ink pads
- Butterfly and Scallop trim border punches
- Big Shot, Petal Cone Bigz L and Scallop Square Bigz dies
- In Color Designer Printed brads
- Rhinestone jewels
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
There are loads of tutorials for easel cards out there, so I’m not going to re-invent the wheel – just Google it (Easel card tutorial, not the wheel). Trust me, this is another case of “much easier than it looks”!
We did pull out the Stamp-a-ma-jig for this project. If you’re picky – and I am the first to admit that I am – some things just can’t be done by the eye-ball method. I need those little dots around that butterfly to line up Just Right. Even if Flight of the Butterfly were available as a clear mount stamp set, I would still use the SAMJ.
When we did this in class, I was demonstrating the SAMJ to a newer stamper. I cracked up when she pulled her stamp away from the positioner, looked at the results, and happily exclaimed, “It worked!” I have to confess that I have that same feeling every time I use that tool to get perfect alignment – I’m just so happy it works.
There’s another Getting to Know the In Colors class featuring Pool Party on September 18th. If you head on over to the calendar at my Online Store, you can see the details. Did you know that you can RSVP on that calendar? If you do, I’ll even give you a reminder. Oooh la la!