I received so many incredible cards at Joan Cristo’s WOW swap at convention this year. Honestly, I could spend an entire year creating new projects based on these beautiful cards. I made 130 cards to swap, and yes, that was insane. I don’t like production, and even though I made 2 different designs (so that I “only” had to create 65 of each) I found myself grumbling through the process. Then I would remind myself of the rewards and start humming, thinking about the possibilities.
There’s something about holding a design in your hand – versus seeing a photograph of it – that inspires me. If you’ve never participated in a swap, I highly recommend you give it a try. There are swaps of all shapes and sizes in a variety of forums online, or your stamp club or demo team might be willing to give it a try. Not every card will be to your taste or liking, but every card contains a possibility!
Last night at hostess club I worked from a design that I received in 3 or 4 different versions. It’s a relatively simple design, and I’ve seen it referred to as a telescoping card. We made our version in the bright, happy colors of the Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper:
- Perfectly Penned, Ain’t Love Grand, Pennant Parade and Crazy for Cupcakes stamp sets
- Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight and Real Red card stock
- Big Top Birthday Designer Series paper
- Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, and Real Red Classic ink pads
- Daffodil Delight and Real Red Stampin’ Write markers
- Unibal Signo White gel pen
- Stampin’ Sponges
- Piercing tool, template and mat
- Petite Pennants Builder punch
- Silver brads
- Real Red 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon
- Big Shot and ALL the Scallop Circle and Circle Bigz and Originals dies
There must have been some fumes coming off those ink pads last night! The Piercing Tool, formerly known as the Pokey Doodle, suddenly became the Stabber. We had balloons and Stampin’ Sponges flying every which way, and I think we disturbed the concentration required to watch Sports Center in the other room 🙂 Ah well, all in the name of good fun and good times.