I have a gnome. He used to sit in my garden, but the sun here is SO strong that his colors got completely washed out, so I gave him a fresh coat of paint and moved him to my shady potting bench. (Hijack: if you didn’t already know it, Mr. Maui Stamper is THE BEST. I couldn’t find a potting bench I liked, so he BUILT me one for my birthday a couple of years ago. I love it.) Anyway, my little gnome sits on the top shelf looking benevolently over my projects.
He’s a genuine Swiss gnome; I bought him at a hardware store in Locarno in 2005 when we visited Mr. Maui Stamper’s family there. I think our hostess thought I was nuts, buying this goofy terra cotta gnome to haul all over Switzerland and Italy in my suitcase. And perhaps I was (and still may be!) But this fellow reminds me of a wonderful trip, and keeps an eye on things for me. It’s dark outside right now, but tomorrow I need to go out there and take his picture so you can see what a charming fellow he is.
Now you can understand why this is just one of those stamp sets that wouldn’t let me say no:
- Gnome Sweet Gnome and You’re My Type stamp sets
- Whisper White, Real Red, Daffodil Delight and Not Quite Navy card stock
- Staz-on Black ink pad; Old Olive and Not Quite Navy Classic ink pads
- Big Top Birthday Designer Series Paper
- Real Red, Not Quite Navy, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Basic Grey and Blushing Bride Classic Ink refills
- Real Red 1/8 inch taffeta ribbon
- Brights Brads
- 1 1/4 inch circle punch
It’s just silly as can be, and those gnomes…well, they certainly have a personality of their own. The little frog makes me laugh, and the gnomes…well, they remind me of Switzerland.