If you’re not on sunny Maui, you might need a bit of Sunshine and Rainbows today. How about a whimsical VW bus driving through your February DIY Calendar?
- Stamps: Driving By (Sale-a-bration 2022v1), Paradise Palms
- Color Palette: Basic White, Memento Black, Calypso Coral, Mango Melody, Gray Granite, Pear Pizazz, Old Olive, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight
- Accessories: Sunshine and Rainbows Designer Series paper (Sale-a-bration 2022v1), Big Boss, Palms dies, Basic Borders dies, Stampin Dimensionals, Stampin’ Blends, Stampin’ Write markers, Watercolor pencils
I used the paper piecing technique with the bus. I stamped it once on one of the striped patterns from the Sunshine and Rainbow DSP, and then again on a piece of Basic White. I used Blends to color the top, wheels, bumpers and windows of the bus. Then I removed the top, wheels, bumpers and windows of the bus from the DSP version and adhered it to the Basic White version.
I made a road using the curve from the Basic Borders dies and the White Watercolor Pencil. I measured another piece of the Sunshine and Rainbows DSP to fit behind the bus and the road and used multipurpose glue to adhere all of those layers – except the bus, the bus had to be on Dimensionals.
If we ever stop carrying Stampin’ Dimensionals I will be unable to function.
The palms – oh my gosh, Stampin’ Up! has heard me mutter – those palms were inked with Stampin’ Write markers and cut out with the dies. It took me a hot minute to figure out how I wanted to line everything up, but lah-dee-dah, I am pretty pleased with the results! What do you think?
You can make your own Easel calendars with my handy-dandy print-yer-own pdf. It’s just $5 and I create one every year. Message me if you’re interested. There’s also a Pinterest board where you can find years of inspiration.
Speaking of inspiration, pop over and see what Cheryl and Crystal have done for February. And when you’re done, do yourself a favor and take yourself shopping (the Paradise Palms bundle is a great place to start) and then add that VW Bus to your order for free. You’ll thank yourself over and over! (Be sure to get the English version of Driving By, unless of course you happen to speak French.)
Everybody loves FREE!! Choose FREE goodies from January 4 to February 28, 2022!! Shop HERE.
Before you place that order, consider the Very Best Deal – joining Stampin’ Up! as a demonstrator! If you join by February 28, 2022, there’s a super opportunity. Choose 2 FREE stamp sets PLUS:
- $125 additional product of your choice for $99
- Free shipping on your kit
- 20% savings on your own purchases
- 6 months to try us out without risk – continue with just a $300 quarterly minimum
- Earn Sale-a-bration and host rewards on RETAIL price not your discounted price
- An incredible community of crafters
- Early access AND sneak peeks (you know you want to know!)
Join by February 28th for those two free stamp sets! Message me if you have questions or want to chat.
Be sure to subscribe by February 10th for your Craft Escape in a box! Paper Pumpkin subscriptions deliver ready-to-go projects to your doorstep every month, but you have ultimate control to skip or cancel 😱if you decide it’s not for you. The February kit will make 9 playful cards with envelopes that you can tailor to your card-sending needs. Don’t wait!