I love birds. I love to hear them at the beginning and the end of the day, rustling in the trees and calling out to each other. I love to watch them on my walks and in my gardens, searching for tasty bits and strutting across the lawn. Shouldn’t be a huge surprise to learn that the Feathery Friends Host set was at the top of my list for the 2017-2018 Annual catalog.
- Stamps: Feathery Friends, Tabs for Everything
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pear Pizazz, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay
- Accessories: Petal Garden DSP stack, Basic Black Bakers Twine, Watercolor Pencils, Aqua Painter, Glitter Enamel Dots, Pokey Doodle, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I had a fabulous time with the Watercolor Pencils and the Aqua Painter. Coloring is really relaxing for me.
I used the Pokey Doodle to make holes to thread the Bakers Twine. I REALLY don’t like it when bows fall off. Sometimes I’m lazy and use a Glue Dot, but threading the twine through the holes guarantees that bow will Stay Put.
You know, there just aren’t that many things that are guaranteed any more, and I like knowing my bow is going to stay on the card.
If you’ve never tried Paper Pumpkin, you can try it at 50% savings this month! Subscribe HERE by Monday, September 10th and use the code HALFOFF0917.
Tasty Truck is my second favorite Sale-a-bration 2017 gift with purchase (right behind Hey Chick!). I think my favorite part is playing with all of the color combinations, and our gorgeous Watercolor Pencils make the coloring so easy:
This is an easy image to fussy cut as it is nearly all straight lines. Don’t be intimidated by the fussy cut!
Since this was a congratulations card, I chose to leave the counter blank. When I’m ready to send it, I may add in some balloons or a banner. I like to leave options when I’m creating a card without a specific intention.
- Stamps: Tasty Truck Sale-a-bration 2017
- Color Palette: Very Vanilla, Basic Grey, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay
- Accessories: Watercolor Pencils, Blender pens, Urban Underground DSP, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Wink of Stella Clear, Big Shot, Layering Circles Framelits
The Blender pens are my hands-down, go-to choice for working with the watercolor pencils. If you’re using watercolor paper, then an Aquapainter is a great tool. But Very Vanilla and Whisper White card stock are susceptible to pilling if they get worked with too much water, and the Blender pen flows the color so smoothly that I don’t have to rework the same area.
When I came up with the concept for this card, I had one thing in mind. Putting it together, I inadvertently did something else. See if you can figure it out!
See the Sale-a-bration 2017 offering HERE. To qualify for the gift with purchase, shop HERE.