Sometimes I’m astonished by the difference a color palette can make. Sure, I’ve rearranged the images a bit, but this card is quite similar to the two previous versions found HERE and HERE.
This is a brighter, warmer color scheme, and as much as I love my Pool Party combos, this card in Calypso Coral and Blushing Bride really makes me happy. The circular design of the flowers around the Stitched Shape sentiment circle was really simple to do. Blushing Bride is such a soft tone that I didn’t even mask the flowers: I just stamped away!
- Stamps: Avant Garden (Sale-a-bration 2017), retired demonstrator exclusive stamp set (sentiment)
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Watermelon Wonder
- Accessories: Metallic Ribbon (Sale-a-bration 2017), Sequins from the 2016 Holiday catalog, Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue dots
There are just a couple more weeks left to earn free Sale-a-bration products. When it’s over, it’s really over – these stamp sets and exclusive accessories DO NOT go on the Clearance Rack! Shop now.
Once I decided I liked the Avant Garden stamps, I couldn’t stop playing with color combinations:
It’s a funny coincidence that I wasn’t all that crazy about the 2016-2018 In Color Sweet Sugarplum. Maybe it’s the name. Maybe it’s something else. But as much as I know a lot of people who loved this color at first sight, I did not.
I guess it just had to grow on me.
- Stamps: Avant Garden (Sale-a-bration 2017), sentiment from a retired demonstrator-only set
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Sweet Sugarplum, Crushed Curry
- Accessories: Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon, Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Thinlits, Pearl Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals
The color gradations come from stamping off (inking your stamp, stamping lightly onto scratch paper, and then stamping your project with the ink that remains on the stamp.) One of the things that I liked about the way that process worked on this card was that by stamping off lightly, there were gradations remaining on the flower image.
There’s one more version to come – stay tuned!