Once I decided I liked the Avant Garden stamps, I couldn’t stop playing with color combinations:
It’s a funny coincidence that I wasn’t all that crazy about the 2016-2018 In Color Sweet Sugarplum. Maybe it’s the name. Maybe it’s something else. But as much as I know a lot of people who loved this color at first sight, I did not.
I guess it just had to grow on me.
- Stamps: Avant Garden (Sale-a-bration 2017), sentiment from a retired demonstrator-only set
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Sweet Sugarplum, Crushed Curry
- Accessories: Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon, Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Thinlits, Pearl Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals
The color gradations come from stamping off (inking your stamp, stamping lightly onto scratch paper, and then stamping your project with the ink that remains on the stamp.) One of the things that I liked about the way that process worked on this card was that by stamping off lightly, there were gradations remaining on the flower image.
There’s one more version to come – stay tuned!
I was going back through some old posts and discovered to my great chagrin that I had repeated a post. Auwe! And no, I’m not going to tell you which one it was. As we used to taunt each other when I was a kid (back in the day before there was dirt) “That’s for me to know and for you to find out!”
On the flip side, I discovered that I hadn’t posted everything I’d intended. This should give you a little insight into the moderately organized chaos that is my life. I really work hard at being organized, but I’m far from perfect.
- Paisley Prints and So Many Thanks stamp sets
- Soft Suede, Whisper White, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizazz and Pretty in Pink card stock
- Versamark ink pad; Soft Suede classic in pad
- Heart, Jewelry tag and Bitty punches
- Piercing tool, template and mat
- Linen Thread; Pearl jewels
Sometimes I forget how easy it is to work with the Versamark pad. When I first started stamping, it was my best friend in the world – any color, any time. Now I take it for granted unless I want to emboss something and need that sticky Versa-Goodness.
Don’t miss that little sticky pearl on the Bitty Bit. Those sheets of pearls and rhinestones last so long I think they’re doing the “socks in the laundry” trick. Every time I go to get another one it looks like they’ve invited friends over. Maybe I need to put up a video camera in the craft room….oooh, there’s a scary thought!