The Craftosphere is all about using up your DSP right now (Kylie Bertucci’s #LoveItChopIt is a trending example). MOST of the time, I’m right there – use it up – and it’s Designer Series Paper, if you’ve been wondering. But I jump right off that bandwagon with Petal Passion. I bought extra and I’m gonna hoard it. This card is a great example of why:
- Stamps: Flirty Flowers, retired Paper Pumpkin
- Color Palette: Basic Black, Whisper White, Lovely Lipstick, Emerald Envy, Daffodil Delight
- Accessories: Petal Passion DSP, retired ribbon (Holiday 2017), Blender Pen
I used the Blender Pen to fill in the small floral images included in the sentiment. I just wanted a touch of color, and the Blender Pen allowed me to layer in the right amount.
This is a simple card despite the extra fold. The front panel opens into a small card, then the full gate opens to a traditionally proportioned card. It’s especially nice for sending a gift card, or including a special quotation. Put your message on the small card, then use Glue Dots to adhere the gift card to the inside panel.
There’s still time for your own stash for Petal Passion! Shop HERE.
This morning my son and I picked flowers and strung lei for the youth group to sell this weekend at church. Take a deep breath…
I hope you can smell them – the fragrance was incredible. Happy Mother’s Day to all of you nurturing women!
I love to play with color. I love the moods and energy it evokes, and the simple pleasure that comes from looking at a pleasing combination of colors. When I chanced on the photo for the Inkspirations Challenge, it felt deeply feminine…like a Southern Belle sitting on a porch, all dressed up and sipping iced tea – without leaving a trace of lipstick on her glass, of course!
Big, full pink blossoms, crystal and tapers…in pink and cream…doesn’t that say feminine to you? Here is my response:
- Thoughts and Prayers, All Holidays and Bella Toile stamp sets
- Naturals White, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo and Close to Cocoa card stock
- Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo Classic ink pads
- Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Markers and a Blender pen
- Scallop Trim Border and Double Rectangle punches; Rhinestone and Filigree brads
- Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon and Vanilla Smooch Spritz
Yeah, you can see I got a little carried away with the Smooch, huh? But doesn’t it give a nice candle-lit sort of look? That’s what I was going for 🙂
Be sure you take a good look at that pretty little Filigree brad. You could have a package of those (or stars, flowers or circles) for free with the purchase of select stamp sets this month from Stampin’ Up! Check my Online Store in the Promotions page for details.
If you’d like to see what others have done for this challenge, check this post from Kirsty. She’s helping out this week.