The Craftosphere is all about using up your DSP right now (Kylie Bertucci’s #LoveItChopIt is a trending example). MOST of the time, I’m right there – use it up – and it’s Designer Series Paper, if you’ve been wondering. But I jump right off that bandwagon with Petal Passion. I bought extra and I’m gonna hoard it. This card is a great example of why:
- Stamps: Flirty Flowers, retired Paper Pumpkin
- Color Palette: Basic Black, Whisper White, Lovely Lipstick, Emerald Envy, Daffodil Delight
- Accessories: Petal Passion DSP, retired ribbon (Holiday 2017), Blender Pen
I used the Blender Pen to fill in the small floral images included in the sentiment. I just wanted a touch of color, and the Blender Pen allowed me to layer in the right amount.
This is a simple card despite the extra fold. The front panel opens into a small card, then the full gate opens to a traditionally proportioned card. It’s especially nice for sending a gift card, or including a special quotation. Put your message on the small card, then use Glue Dots to adhere the gift card to the inside panel.
There’s still time for your own stash for Petal Passion! Shop HERE.
Last month my Host Club members got to play with the Let the Good Times Roll bundle – that’s the one with the roller coaster pop-out. I was a little concerned that they might be annoyed with me, but they all embraced the challenge and created fabulous cards! We had a “creative opportunity” or two but they were all resolved with good humor.
- Stamps: Let the Good Times Roll
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Lemon Lime Twist, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight
- Accessories: Big Shot, Thrill Ride Thinlits, Petal Passion DSP, Myth and Magic Glimmer Paper, Myth and Magic Specialty Washi tape, Black and white bakers twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Balloon Bouquet Punch, Tear ‘n Tape
I pre-cut absolutely everything I could so that they could focus on their assembly. You can watch Brandi from Stampin’ Up! in a video HERE on assembling this card type, but I found you just need to manipulate the paper a few times to get the feeling for it. If you have something special you’re going to use to make this card, cut it out in paper you have in abundance and practice, practice, practice! It’s the folding and scoring that takes time and little muscle memory, but it’s not hard. And the results are fabulous – even Mr. Maui Stamper said he’d like to have a couple of these to send!! That is high praise indeed.
Let the Good Times Roll and Thrill Ride are continuing into the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog, but the bundle is NOT. If you want to save, save now!
Petal Passion DSP is also being discontinued (to my great disappointment.) Yes, I have a stash. No, I probably won’t be sharing it. Yes, I probably will hoard it. Sigh.
Order your bundle and that gorgeous DSP HERE.
I’m not really a “heart person”, although I’m liberal with heart emojis 💕 in my text messages. I made an exception for Heart Happiness because of this beautiful, ombre-screened, striped heart. There’s something about it that makes my own little stamper heart sing.
- Stamps: Heart Happiness
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red
- Accessories: Big Shot, Heart Happiness, Lots to Love Framelits, Bakers Twine, Rhinestone Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals
This is a very simple design, and I chose to leave it without a sentiment on the front. I tried to put a phrase on the banner, but nothing seemed to work and I decided less would be more.
I know. SHOCKING.
I also played with the stripes using Stampin’ Write markers. There’s a little heap of these hearts in my craft room, but these bold colors were my favorites:
- Stamps: Heart Happiness, Tabs for You
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist
- Accessories: Big Shot, Lots to Love Framelits, 3/8″ Lemon Lime Twist stripe ribbon, Stampin’ Write markers, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Again, I considered adding more (specifically, using a background stamp or TIEF on the Bermuda Bay panel) but decided to stick with less. There are lots of men in my life who need Valentines.
This is my Go Bold Or Go Home combo. I LOVE THESE COLORS TOGETHER, and I hope that you do too.