I love tropical flowers – a lot! – but in the spring, I miss the spring flowers I grew up with. You know the ones: daffodils, tulips, iris, paper whites…you might be able to grow them in some parts of the island where it gets cold at night, but the heat of the day forces them open way too fast. The markets often have bouquets in the spring, but I suspect they’re flown in, and by the time I get them home they’re already looking like they need a couple of hours in the fridge.
Fortunately, I can enjoy paper flowers all year round without having to pick up the wilted petals:
- Stamps: Basket Bunch, Gorgeous Grunge
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Basic Grey, Mint Macaron, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry
- Accessories: Big Shot, Festive TIEF, Wink of Stella Clear, Stampin’ Write markers, retired ribbon, and that Mint Macaron DSP – I think it’s from the Presents and Pinecones DSP from the Holiday catalog, and I’m pretty sure it’s in the Clearance Rack!
The flowers were fun to color – I used Stampin’ Write markers this time – and I was quite pleased to actually capture some of the Wink in this photo!
Basket Bunch, Gorgeous Grunge and the Festive TIEF are all retiring – shop HERE to get yours before they’re gone!
New. There’s so much promise in that word – but there’s uncertainty as well. New is different, fresh, and sometimes uneasy. New is exciting and invigorating, but it is also unpredictable and challenging. I love a new year, a new calendar, a fresh start. I set goals, make plans, and dream big dreams. And I make a brand new DIY Easel Calendar!
- Stamps: Cookie Cutter Christmas, Thoughtful Branches (retired)
- Color Palette: Basic Black, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Blushing Bride
- Accessories: Cookie Cutter Builder punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Wink of Stella Clear
I’ve achieved one goal: I already have a post set up for every month of the year in 2017! Crystal, Cheryl and I are continuing our Mini-Blog hop, so be sure to see what they’ve done to begin the year.
If you’ve had your eye on the Cookie Cutter Christmas bundle, you’d better hurry! The stamps and punch will be available separately after January 3rd, but the bundle will be a lost opportunity. Shop the Online Store to get that deal!
If you’ve been thinking you should make a calendar this year, I have just 6 kits left. Email me at AnneMatasci@gmail.com and I’ll send you an invoice.
Happy New Year!
DIY Calendar Refill $6 plus shipping