It’s been ages since I’ve played a challenge. I’ve had a lot of specific projects on my inspiration board and there wasn’t room for anything else. Last night I finally had a chance to browse through some of my favorite blogs – talk about a pleasure! – and when I got to Mojo Monday I decided I’d done enough looking and headed up for some ink-to-the-paper stamping!
There’s a lot going on here, so bear with me:
- Circle Circus and Fabulous Phrases stamp sets
- Cornelli Lace Jumbo Stampin’ Around Wheel
- Whisper White, Real Red and Basic Black card stock
- Real Red and Basic Black Classic ink pads
- Real Red 1/8″ taffeta and 5/8″ satin ribbon; Basic Black 5/8″ satin ribbon
- 1 3/4″ Circle, Modern Label and Scallop Edge Border punches
- Big Shot and the Square Lattice and Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folders
- a small hand-held circle punch and Stampin’ Dimensionals
I’m sure I forgot to list something!
I’ll tell you the truth: that greeting is adhered with Dotto repositionable adhesive. I’m not certain I like it, but time will tell. The stamped Real Red image from Circle Circus is hand cut (gasp! I know…) because I wanted it to fit Just So on the black circle. It had to be done. I used tiny black circles of cardstock for the faux brads on the sentiment because the real thing overwhelmed the project. There are a lot of discarded bits and pieces on my craft table left over from this project, but it was satisfying to finish.
I didn’t buy Circle Circus when it was released as a preview set a year or two ago. Because it was a sneak peak, there were Circle Circus cards everywhere and I grew weary of it. I finally gave in and bought it with this year’s new catalog because I saw something really creative and had a brilliant inspiration to make that idea better. (It’s coming, it’s just not done yet – Mojo Monday got in the way.) I’m glad it’s on my shelf now. You’ll see it again soon.