When is a circle more than a circle? When it collaborates with others to form a topiary:
- Circle Circus and Elements of Style stamp sets; Vintage Vogue wheel
- Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake and Certainly Celery card stock
- Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake and Certainly Celery Classic ink pads
- Modern Label punch, XL Decorative Label punch (Holiday Mini), various circle punches
- Big Shot, Top Note die and Lattice Impressions folder
- Hemp twine, Antique Brads, Stampin’ Sponges and Stampin’ Dimensionals
I had the brilliant idea to twist two strands of Hemp Twine together to make the trunk of the topiary, but my execution was flawed – there’s not enough space between the “topes” and you can hardly see it. This card is finished, but I’ll be back to the drawing board to try that one again.
The new XL Decorative Label punch makes a pretty terra cotta planter, doesn’t it? I cut it in half and sponged it with Cajun Craze and Old Olive. I was trying to get a moss-stained look but I think it would be more effective on a lighter color of cardstock – next time I’ll try Peach Parfait. Oh, and please don’t judge Daffodil Delight – that’s operator error with the camera. It’s a lovely buttery shade, not that bright yo yo color!