It’s the card no one wants to make, but the one that means so very much to receive. Mr. Maui Stamper and I needed a card for dear friends who lost a beloved mother, grandmother, friend.
- Stamps: Hello Friend, Loving Thoughts (retired)
- Color Palette: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Sahara Sand
- Accessories: Big Shot, Layering Circles framelits, Black Diamond Jewels (retired Holiday 2017), Layered Leaves Dynamic TIEF, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I was pleased with the color palette because it was light enough to be hopeful, but subdued enough to convey the depth of our feelings. Color speaks volumes.
I stocked up on those tiny black rhinestone jewels from the Holiday 2017 catalog, and they were the perfect touch.
I hope you don’t need a card like this, but if you do, I hope you’ll be inspired to make and send one. Don’t worry about what to put inside. Simple things are best, things like “I’m thinking of you” or “I’m available to pick up your kids from school all month”. Don’t try to fix it or make it better. Grief takes its own course. Just be present.
Lately I’ve found myself needing cards with more generic greetings: hello, thinking of you, that sort of thing. This big HELLO stamp from the Hello Friend set is a design element on its own, but I had a stack of orchids waiting to be used, and the combination was very satisfying:
- Stamps: Climbing Orchid, Touches of Texture, Hello Friend
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Sweet Sugarplum, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron
- Accessories: Big Shot, Orchid Builder Framelits, Swirly Scribbles Framelits, Gold thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Tombo, Wink of Stella, Aquapainter
I used the Aquapainter to add a little So Saffron ink to the orchid image, and then used it without any ink to blur and drag color to the stamped areas. Once that was dry, I added a little Wink for sparkle.
The Gold Thread technique that seems to work best for me is to put a Stampin’ Dimensional or Glue Dot on the card front where an image or layer will be applied, and then wind the thread through that adhesive until the arrangement is pleasing. An extra Dimensional or Glue Dot adjacent to the “holder” helps keep everything just where it belongs.
If you earned Bonus Days vouchers in July, be sure you spend them in August! Shop HERE.