The Climbing Orchid is the latest flower I’ve tried in Jars of Love:
- Stamps: Climbing Orchid, Jar of Love
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pool Party, So Saffron, Melon Mambo
- Accessories: Big Shot, Orchid Builder Framelits, Everyday Jars Framelits, Softly Falling TIEF, Linen Thread, Vellum Card Stock
Don’t miss out – you can save on the Climbing Orchid bundle. Stampin’ Up! typically selects new stamps and framelit/thinlit/punches and bundles them during the first release year, but subsequent years the products are offered individually and the opportunity to save is sad, sweet history. This one is too good to let go by!
I used this same layout HERE, and I’m sure there are many other images that would work with this jar.
If you’re interested in the DIY Calendar kits, check out the details HERE. I’ll be shipping next week.
Lately I’ve found myself needing cards with more generic greetings: hello, thinking of you, that sort of thing. This big HELLO stamp from the Hello Friend set is a design element on its own, but I had a stack of orchids waiting to be used, and the combination was very satisfying:
- Stamps: Climbing Orchid, Touches of Texture, Hello Friend
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Sweet Sugarplum, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron
- Accessories: Big Shot, Orchid Builder Framelits, Swirly Scribbles Framelits, Gold thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Tombo, Wink of Stella, Aquapainter
I used the Aquapainter to add a little So Saffron ink to the orchid image, and then used it without any ink to blur and drag color to the stamped areas. Once that was dry, I added a little Wink for sparkle.
The Gold Thread technique that seems to work best for me is to put a Stampin’ Dimensional or Glue Dot on the card front where an image or layer will be applied, and then wind the thread through that adhesive until the arrangement is pleasing. An extra Dimensional or Glue Dot adjacent to the “holder” helps keep everything just where it belongs.
If you earned Bonus Days vouchers in July, be sure you spend them in August! Shop HERE.