This classic Adirondak style chair is an invitation to relax:
- Stamps: Colorful Seasons, Timeless Textures
- Color Palette: Very Vanilla, Tranquil Tide, Dapper Denim
- Accessories: Eastern Palace Specialty DSP, Big Shot, Seasonal Layers Thinlits, Stitched Shapes Thinlits, WInk of Stella, Linen Thread
I used THIS tutorial for the criss-cross box template. (Warning: she stamps her own plaid design. I did NOT stamp a plaid, I used DSP. So much easier.)
A package of Green Tea Macnuts fits perfectly inside. They’re aailable at your local ABC store (what? you don’t have an ABC store? They’re on every corner in Waikiki!!)
When you find something that makes you happy, I recommend you do it again!
- Stamps: Tranquil Tulips, Sunshine Sayings
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Old Olive, Blushing Bride, Powder Pink, Crumb Cake
- Accessories: Big Shot, Bunch of Banners Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Pinewood Planks TIEF, Linen Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Sponges
The Stampin’ Sponges are crucial to the look of this card. They add color and dimension to the impression left by the TIEF, but the color can be kept soft or intensified depending on individual preference.
A sticky note about 1 1/2″ from the bottom of the card creates a clean break and a place to sign the card on the inside.
This is almost the same as the card posted HERE. I changed the primary colors and not much else. I’m pretty pleased with this layout – ideally, the banner on the front would be left blank so that the card could be customized to any occasion.
Paper Pumpkin is a great way to add fabulous stamps to your collection and enjoy a quick creative break each month. Save 50% on your first kit – subscribe HERE and use code HALFOFF0917!
I love birds. I love to hear them at the beginning and the end of the day, rustling in the trees and calling out to each other. I love to watch them on my walks and in my gardens, searching for tasty bits and strutting across the lawn. Shouldn’t be a huge surprise to learn that the Feathery Friends Host set was at the top of my list for the 2017-2018 Annual catalog.
- Stamps: Feathery Friends, Tabs for Everything
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pear Pizazz, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay
- Accessories: Petal Garden DSP stack, Basic Black Bakers Twine, Watercolor Pencils, Aqua Painter, Glitter Enamel Dots, Pokey Doodle, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I had a fabulous time with the Watercolor Pencils and the Aqua Painter. Coloring is really relaxing for me.
I used the Pokey Doodle to make holes to thread the Bakers Twine. I REALLY don’t like it when bows fall off. Sometimes I’m lazy and use a Glue Dot, but threading the twine through the holes guarantees that bow will Stay Put.
You know, there just aren’t that many things that are guaranteed any more, and I like knowing my bow is going to stay on the card.
If you’ve never tried Paper Pumpkin, you can try it at 50% savings this month! Subscribe HERE by Monday, September 10th and use the code HALFOFF0917.
The Clearance Rack has just been updated and there are GREAT deals – framelits, ribbon, paper (including super savings on card stock assortments), punches, washi tape, ink, embellishments and more!
Some of my personal favorites:
The Botanical Builder Framelits
The Succulent Framelits
Gold Sequin Trim
Don’t waste a minute! Clearance rack products are available While Supplies Last, and it won’t be long for many of these gems! Shop HERE.
What a perfect match! These graceful branches from Colorful Season belong in this jar. With such a clean, simple image, I decided to leave the sentiment off the front of the card and put it on the inside. This has the added benefit of allowing me to put this card into my Need-A-Card-Now stash, ready for last minute addition of the message of the day.
- Stamps: Jars of Love, Colorful Seasons
- Color Palette: Soft Sky, Flirty Flamingo, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Basic Black
- Accessories: Big Shot, Softly Falling TIEF, Everyday Jars Framelits, Vellum cardstock, Linen Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals
The Colorful Seasons Suite is a beautiful combination of stamps, thinlits and the Color Theory DSP stack. If you’re shopping for the stamps, don’t miss the bundle that includes the Seasonal Layers Thinlits.
There’s just one little trick to this project. I stamped the “water” directly on the front panel, but stamped the jar in Basic Black on Vellum cardstock. (It’s best to do this step early in the process to allow plenty of time for the ink to dry thoroughly – I did mine the day before.) Cut out the jar stamped on the vellum with the framelits and attach it with a few dabs of Fast Fuse around the perimeter for an authentic look.
Stay tuned – there’s another version of this card in the works!
Lately I’ve found myself needing cards with more generic greetings: hello, thinking of you, that sort of thing. This big HELLO stamp from the Hello Friend set is a design element on its own, but I had a stack of orchids waiting to be used, and the combination was very satisfying:
- Stamps: Climbing Orchid, Touches of Texture, Hello Friend
- Color Palette: Whisper White, Sweet Sugarplum, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron
- Accessories: Big Shot, Orchid Builder Framelits, Swirly Scribbles Framelits, Gold thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Tombo, Wink of Stella, Aquapainter
I used the Aquapainter to add a little So Saffron ink to the orchid image, and then used it without any ink to blur and drag color to the stamped areas. Once that was dry, I added a little Wink for sparkle.
The Gold Thread technique that seems to work best for me is to put a Stampin’ Dimensional or Glue Dot on the card front where an image or layer will be applied, and then wind the thread through that adhesive until the arrangement is pleasing. An extra Dimensional or Glue Dot adjacent to the “holder” helps keep everything just where it belongs.
If you earned Bonus Days vouchers in July, be sure you spend them in August! Shop HERE.
This is the month when things start to get really HOT on Maui. I’m a sunshine and warm weather girl, but even I wilt a bit with our late summer heat. These sweet posies, however, will stay fresh all month long:
- Stamps: Swirly Bird
- Color Palette: Peekaboo Peach, Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizazz, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
- Accessories: Big Shot, Swirly Scribbles Framelits
The color on the flowers isn’t even sponged – I inked them up with the Peekaboo Peach and then tapped the edges into the Tangerine Tango pad. It’s almost too easy. I also toyed with the idea of putting at least one of the blooms on a dimensional, but with these calendars I prefer as flat a profile as possible, so it was Tombo (the Wonder Adhesive) to the rescue.
Cheryl and Crystal have created fabulous August designs – stop by and see what they’ve done!